The Reales Alcázares is one of the emblematic buildings of the city of Seville. Built by the Caliph Rahman III in the 10th century, it had a series of reforms in later centuries until the nineteenth century.
Although Murillo, did not paint any work for this Mudejar palace, it is related to this building in a curious way and also to some extent adventurous.
In the year 1810, at the arrival of the Napoleonic forces, the Royal Alcazars were a part of the cantonment of the French, who pretended to create a museum of Napoleonic fine Arts. It really served as a place and shelter for the more than 900 works that had been plundered of all the buildings, convents and churches of the city. Of these works are counted about 35 that were reduced to about 8 after the expulsion of the French three years later.
Today the work located in the Alcazar is:
San Francisco Solano and El Toro 1645-1646: Work for the Convent of San Francisco, where he narrates a miracle of a Franciscan friar, where he submitted to a bull that threatened the peasants. It is possible to see the saint subjecting the animal to the stable.