The church of San Andrés is one of the Mudejar Gothic churches that was founded after 1248. However, like most of the Gothic Mudejar churches, it has later contributions from the Baroque.
Its construction dates back to the fourteenth century, however additions have been made to the sixteenth, seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.
The exterior of the church has three covers, the main doorway is at the foot of the church and the one that has the greatest interest and corresponds to the primitive dimension of the temple, although it has had later interventions and has a vaulted open-ended vault.
The main archivolt is decorated with its diamond-tipped thread on top of it is a niche with representation of God the Father.
The rest of the set is topped with a cornice supported by corbels in the shape of a lion’s head.
Another doorway is the Plaza de San Andrés which has a semicircular arch with Tuscan pilasters with moldings and is finally topped with a broken curved pediment and in whose center there is another semicircular arch that includes the image of the immaculate conception.
The last of the covers is the cover of the epistle opened on the wall of the nave of the epistle which is a simple terrace and shows us a vain with very low arch and also framed by Tuscan pilasters a broken triangular pediment in whose center there is a semicircular arch with a mixtilinear pediment that completes the rest of the cover.
Outside the church we highlight the apse and the tower It has buttresses that included artistic ogival hands, some of which are sealed.
At present the rest of the set appears topped by a cornice with modillones of roll and parapet with curvilinear pinnacles.
Finally the tower is located in a large square extension that forms the sacramental chapel in a Mudejar structure and with a simple belfry of later date.
Following the tradition and the Sevillian parochial scheme of the low Middle Ages, the temple has a rectangular plan with three naves separated by cruciform section pillars that support pointed arches and a polygonal head.
The central nave is double width than the sides and covered by wooden armatures in the shape of a trough and the sides are covered with a hanging roof.
In the background we can see the main altarpiece that was made by Felipe Fernández del Castillo and Benito de Hita and castle between 1732 and 1739. It is formed by a bank body of three streets and attic we can highlight a sculpture of the immaculate work of Jerónimo Hernández around 1570 located in the center of the altarpiece.