King Ferdinand III conquered the city of Córdoba in June 1236 after a major siege and his surprise and astonishment were great when he did not find a single Visigoth Catholic church. Those churches had existed but in their place the mosques were built as in the case of the cathedral mosque. Therefore, thanks to their authority and patronage they were restoring and building a series of churches and some other convent. It is another of the churches called fernandinas. This temple is known as the temple of the Trinity since the Trinitarian friars, in the 19th century, moved to this temple and it is its conventual headquarters. However, the convent of the Trinity, nothing is preserved of its original building. The current temple of Baroque architecture dates from 1710. The plant has the shape of a Latin cross, with only one nave, with a small-sized transept, high walls covered by a barrel vault and lunettes with windows. Above the transept is the dome resting on pendentives and a choir at the foot, also covered with a barrel vault, on the sides of which open lunettes decorated with mural paintings of vegetal and heraldic themes. The church also has a rectangular sacristy with ribbed vault with a place decorated with paintings of Antonio Palomino very valuable. The main façade stands out for being a Baroque stone doorway, with two bodies plus the comb top. Of which, the first is the access door to the temple with a semicircular arch with four columns and separated from the upper body by a frieze of metopes and triglyphs. The second body is formed by two Solomonic columns, this being the first time they saw each other in Córdoba. In the center there is a niche that keeps a sculptural group that represents an angel protecting two captives. In the comb is carved the cross primitive kick of this order in blue and red colors. Along the facade you can see the split, round and triangular pediments, one of the characteristics of Baroque architecture of these years. Retablos y altares The main altarpiece is a Baroque work made in 1724 by the artist Juan Fernández del Río and is presided over by the Virgen del Coro by the sculptor Alonso Gómez de Sandoval and above it is an image of the Asunción. Other images created by this same author are the patriarch saints Juan de Mata, founder and Félix de Valois, reformer of the Order of Trinitarians, Saint Agnes and Saint Catherine. Between the sculptures a great baroque and exuberant ornamentation is developed and as an architectural complement can be seen the Solomonic columns, unconditional in the baroque of the time. On each side of the ship there are five other altarpieces. On the Gospel side there is the Santísimo Cristo de la Salud, an anonymous work of the 16th century, which is a life-size carving that takes place on Holy Monday. It belonged to the Brotherhood of the Coronation that had its seat in the missing church of the Trinitarians. There are also the carvings of Ecce Homo and Virgen de los Dolores, both by the sculptor José de Mora.